1. When are students allowed to go out?
In a term, students are only allowed to go out during weekends, holidays and after classes during their Free Friday on the 2nd and 4th weeks of a term. Students are also allowed to go out for official appointments after the approval of the Student Relations Department managers.

2. When am I allowed to travel outside Baguio City?
You are allowed to travel outside Baguio City during weekends provided that you go through the necessary procedures to avoid inconveniences during your trip. You are required to get permission from the Student Relations Department managers and inform your parents about your planned travel.

3. Can I change my room type or roommates?
Yes, you can change or transfer to another room. However, you can only relocate after every 2 weeks or whenever there are available rooms. Before your current term ends, convey your request to the Student Relations Department managers and they can arrange your room transfer.

4. I incurred an outrageous number of self-study hours as penalty. Can I settle some of its monetary amount to minimize the times I need to self-study during weekends?
No. Weekend Self-Study hours are only converted to its monetary equivalent upon Graduation, which means that you will only settle the amount of penalties that you could not remove or cancel during your study program. As a way of maintaining its Spartan management and productive learning environment, Monol strictly imposes Weekend Self-Study as a disciplinary action to students.


1. Can I change my course in the middle of a term?
No. Changing of course is only possible after finishing the program of your current term. However, you can relay your intent to Student Relations Department managers at least four (4) days before the end of your current term. Still, we recommend that you inform us as early as possible. This way, we can make the necessary preparations and arrangements with concerned academic heads.

2. Is it required to finish the General ESL course before pursuing the Post ESL course?
It is recommended that you complete and pass the General ESL course before pursuing the Post ESL course. However, in some cases, we allow students who have passed the Intermediate level of the General ESL to qualify for the Post ESL course. Nevertheless, Monol gives all students opportunities to take the entrance examinations of Post ESL programs regardless of their levels.

3. How are students grouped in classes?
Students are grouped in classes according to their levels. Levels are determined through a series of tests done during their first day and will be further assessed in formal classes through examinations, homework, attendance and standing.


1. I can’t find an agency in our country. Can I directly communicate with Monol for my registration?
Yes. You can always contact Monol in the Philippines for your inquiries and registration. We will entertain all your queries on procedures and make the necessary arrangements for your study program. Just send us an email at register@monol4u.com.

2. Before I travel to the Philippines, what should I anticipate?
One of the things you need to prepare for is the weather of Baguio City. Since it has a cooler temperature in contrast to other provinces in the northern part of the country, you will have to bring with you clothes that are warm and comfortable for cold weather. Also, as a student of English, it will be helpful for you to bring an electronic dictionary. It will be easier for you to adapt and communicate with Monol teachers and staff as you start your learning with us!

3. I want to study English and a university course in the Philippines at the same time. Is it possible for me to learn English at Monol part-time?
No. Courses offered in Monol have seven to eight (7-8) hours of classes in a day. It is required for students to take all subjects under the course they are registered in to guarantee a swifter improvement of skills. Also, all students are required to reside in the academy during their study program.

4. Do I need to apply for a student visa to be able to study ESL in the Philippines?
No. Since Monol offers short-term courses, students need only to acquire a regular visa. To officially recognize you as a student of our academy, however, you will be accomplishing a Special Study Permit, which is valid for 6 months. Should your visa have a lesser duration than your study program, our staff will be extending it on your behalf.